De Beers' trading arm, the Diamond Trading Company (DTC), has officially released its new sightholder list for the next rough supply three-year Supplier of Choice (SoC) contract period. The new list, below, follows the provisional list of 72 sightholders that was published last December.
"We have great confidence in the Sightholders that have qualified for the new contract period and we look forward to offering them the right buying opportunities as their businesses evolve and as we move our sorting and sales functions to Botswana," says Varda Shine, DTC Chief Executive Officer.
By 2013, the DTC International will move all of its international rough diamond sorting and sales operations from London to Gaborone.
According to De Beers, the new 2012-2015 contract period marks the inauguration of a "more dynamic and integrated" distribution model that will enable De Beers to take into account the demand demonstrated by all its rough diamond customers, including DTC sightholders and Diamdel registered businesses, in allocating its finite availability.
For the first time, sightholders and non-sightholders demonstrating consistently strong demand at Diamdel auctions will, subject to availability, have the annual opportunity to compete for an Intention to Offer (ITO) by being invited to submit a Contract Proposal Questionnaire (CPQ).
Additionally, the DTC's new process for re-planning future ITO allocations will "better reflect" individual sightholder demand as demonstrated during the preceding ITO period. This could result in future ITO allocations increasing or decreasing in line with the demand demonstrated.
"This is an exciting time for De Beers' rough diamond customers. The new SoC contract introduces a series of innovations to enhance the dynamic nature of our distribution strategy, offering wider access to our rough diamonds and enabling us to manage our distribution risk better," says Philippe Mellier, De Beers Chief Executive Officer.
"This latest evolution of the De Beers sales strategy provides more businesses with more opportunities to buy the products they require at auctions, and provides a potential path to longer term supply from DTC," adds Neil Ventura, Diamdel Chief Executive Officer.
In 2011, the DTC's rough diamond sales were US$6.47 billion. The list of new sightholders includes:
1. A. Dalumi Diamonds
2. Almod Diamonds Ltd.
3. AMC NV
4. Ankit Gems Private Limited
5. Arjav Diamonds NV
6. Bhavani Gems
7. Blue Star Diamonds Pvt. Ltd.
8. Chow Sang Sang Jewellery Company Limited
9. Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Co.Ltd.
10. Crossworks Manufacturing Ltd.
11. Dali Diamond Co.
12. DDM Arabov Group
13. De Toledo Diamonds Ltd
14. Dharmanandan Diamonds Pvt Ltd
15. Diacor International Ltd.
17. Diarough NV
18. Digico Holdings Ltd.
19. Dilipkumar V. Lakhi
20. Dimexon International Holding BV
21. E.F.D. Ltd.
22. Eloquence Corporation dba MWI ELOQUENCE
23. Eurostar Diamonds International S.A.
25. EZ Diamonds
26. Gitanjali Gems Ltd.
27. Fruchter Gad Diamonds Ltd.
28. Gold Star Diamond Private Limited
29. Hard Stone Processing (Pty) Ltd
30. Hari Krishna Exports Pvt. Ltd.
31. Henri Polak
32. IGC Group LTD
33. Jewelex India Private Limited
34. Julius Klein Diamonds LLC
35. K Girdharlal International Limited
36. KARP Impex Ltd.
37. KGK Diamonds (I) Private Limited
38. Kiran Gems Private Limited
39. Kristall Production Corporation OAO
40. L. M. Van Moppes & Sons Ltd
41. Laurelton Diamonds
42. Laxmi Diamond Pvt Ltd
43. Lieber & Solow Ltd.
44. Lazare Kaplan International Inc.
45. M Suresh Company Private Limited
46. Leo Schachter International LTD
47. Mohit Diamonds Private Limited
48. Mahendra Brothers Exports Private Limited
49. Yerushalmi Bros. Diamonds Ltd
50. Yosi Glick Diamonds (2003) Ltd.
51. Yoshfe Diamonds International Ltd.
52. Niru Diamonds Israel (1987) Ltd.
53. MOTIGANZ Diamond Group
54. Taché Company NV
55. Vijay Diamond FZE
56. Venus Jewel
57. Tasaki & Co Ltd.
58. Trau Bros
59. Pluczenik Diamond Company NV
60. Premier Gem (Group)
61. Ratilal Becharlal & Sons
62. Richold SA
63. Suashish Diamonds Ltd.
64. Rosy Blue (NV) Business Alliance
66. Stuller, Inc.
67. S. Vinodkumar Diamonds Pvt. Ltd
68. Rosy Blue (India) Pvt. Ltd.
69. Schachter and Namdar (Pty) Ltd
70. Sahar Atid Diamonds Ltd.
71. Shairu Gems
72. Sheetal Manufacturing Company PVT LTD
73. Star Diamond Group (SDG) BV
74. Shrenuj & Company Limited
75. Shree Ramkrishna Export